Professional Work Experience
- Co-developed interview manuscripts used to evaluate 8 health promotion programs nationally.
- Conducted qualitative phone interviews with key informants from each program for the evaluations.
- Provided the evaluation team with validated methods and tools to measure health promotion program effectiveness and community empowerment pre- and post-program implementation.
- Worked closely with the Communications Director to compose quarterly status reports for FCID’s international donors.
- Created and co-facilitated a writing workshop with the Communications Director in Spanish and English for 60 community health promoters.
- Evaluated all 5 of FCID’s health promotion/disease prevention programs, and provided culturally responsive recommendations for improvement.
- Wrote 8 tailored health newsletters about nutrition, physical activity, and sexual and mental health, and financial health based on county health survey data gathered in 2009.
- Simultaneously coordinated multiple data analysis projects utilizing a large-scale survey database.
- Proposed a set of recommendations to improve the “Survey Your Health!” questionnaire for 2011.
- Wrote 12 published articles for Science & Technology Review magazine describing highly complex research techniques in simplified, intelligible language for a multidisciplinary audience.
- Collaborated with biophysicists and chemists on projects related to global security, pathogen detection, and environmental clean-up efforts to create technical and scientific reports, abstracts, and presentations.
- Edited technical manuals and other technical subject matter documents used widely at the Laboratory.
- Wrote more than 30 published articles about health and wellness, chronic disease management, stroke rehabilitation, sports injury prevention, physical therapy, and nutrition.
- Collaborated with the Editorial Director to establish the general editorial direction of the magazine.
- Interviewed key medical opinion leaders and wrote monthly feature articles for CMP Medica's print and online health publication.
- Planned and coordinated complex international travel itineraries for 2 high-level scientists to attend classified meetings relating to national security.
- Processed comprehensive foreign national paperwork including site access requests and computer security plans for 7 foreign nationals from multiple countries.
- Supported the Division Leader, Deputy Division Leader, and provided back-up support to the Division Administrator under minimal supervision while managing all admin needs of 4 additional scientists.
- Specialized in Health Behavior & Health Education
- Global Health Certificate
- Journalism major and Psychology minor
- Led a multidisciplinary team of graduate students in market research and development of prototypes for a health information website, BabyDocAdvisor.com.
- Wrote more than 20 feature-length articles (6 covers) for BioMechanics magazine and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s, Science & Technology Review.
- Recipient of a Distinguished Technical Communication award in 2007 for published articles relating to brain aneurysms, mobile punctured-lung detection systems for use in combat, and counter bioterrorism threats.